The price includes:
a guided tour (travel information),
transport service (Petrozavodsk-waterfall White bridges-Marble canyon – Ruskeala waterfalls-Petrozavodsk).
From 01 November to 30 April-short route-1 hour.
April 29-long route (2 km) – 1.5 hours.
– Guide meets with a sign.
Time and place of the tour you can choose convenient for you.
– Departure from Petrozavodsk at the waterfall White bridges (220 km, way in about 3.5 hours).
This is the highest waterfall in South Karelia, its height is 19 meters. It is 8 meters above the well-known Karelian pearl-the Kivach waterfall. Picturesque not only the waterfall itself, but also its surroundings, you can see almost untouched by civilization magical corner of Karelian nature.
During the tour to the waterfall walk along the forest road (1.5-2 km one way and back 1.5-2 kilometers).
– Departure to the mountain Park “Ruskeala” (on the way about 1-1.5 hours).
– Walking tour of the canyon (1.5 hours, the most complete route).
There are several quarries in the mountain Park. Marble, which was mined in these quarries and tunnels, was used in the decoration of architectural structures of St. Petersburg, on the island of Valaam. Quarries are connected by tunnels and partially filled with water. The lake with an unusually emerald color of water is surrounded by cliffs of light gray marble, reaching a height of 25 meters. You will enjoy the most complete tour with a visit to the objects “Underground lake “with unique acoustics of natural origin and”Italian quarry”.
– On request, for an additional fee, a boat trip on the rowing boats along the canyon (subject to availability in the Park). Tourists run the boat on their own.
– A short trip to Ruskeala waterfalls, where the shooting of the film “dawns here are quiet”took place.
– Departure to Petrozavodsk.
– Return to Petrozavodsk.
What to bring:
comfortable clothes and shoes(!!!),
camera and good mood,
if you do not plan to book lunch, we recommend you to bring a snack.
snack on the road (as there are no stops to visit the cafe).
The route of walking tour to the waterfall White bridges passes through the forest road, so the ointment from mosquitoes and comfortable clothes and shoes (in rainy weather waterproof shoes) will be very useful.