THE PRICE INCLUDES:
Tickets for “Meteor”
Excursion service on the island of Kizhi
Tourist club “Polar Aurora” offers a one-day tour to Kizhi this summer. This tour to Kizhi can be arranges from Petrozavodsk, Moscow and St. Petersburg. During 4 hours spent on the island you can learn the history of the island of Kizhi, see its main attraction – the Kizhi Pogost, and get acquainted with the life of the peasants of Zaonezhie.
If you want to stay in this wonderful land for a few days, we can offer you tours to Kizhi with accommodation near the famous island.
– Arrival at the railway station in Petrozavodsk, self-transfer to the port (port Address: Petrozavodsk, Karl Marx str., 1A)
– Landing on the hydrofoil “meteor”. Boarding takes place 15 minutes before departure. The number “Meteor” will be announced. Usually the vessels going to Kizhi stand at the very beginning of the berth.
– Departure on Kizhi-Petrozavodsk route (1 hour 15 minutes)
– Arriving on the island. You will stay on the island for 4 hours depending on the time of your return. Transition to the excursion Department of the Museum-reserve.
– Walking tour around the southern part of Kizhi island (2 hours 15 minutes). You can get acquainted with the monuments of wooden architecture: old houses built according to a special type – “house-purse”, barns, mills and, of course, the world-famous Northern temples. The center of the famous ensemble of Kizhi churchyard is considered to be the 22-Chapter Church of the Transfiguration, covered with many legends. In the neighboring Church of the intercession you will see the preserved masterpieces of Karelian iconography. The guide will show and tell you about the oldest Church of the 14th century Resurrection of Lazarus of Murom. Next, you will have about 1.5 hours to wander around the island on your own, buy Souvenirs or take a few photos of this famous place to place them in social networks or just keep them as a souvenir.
– Departure of “Meteor” on the route “Kizhi-Petrozavodsk”. Don’t be late! “Meteor” departs on schedule and waits for no one. Travel time 1 hour 15 minutes
– Arrival in Petrozavodsk. Self-service transfer to the station.
Comfortable shoes and comfortable clothes for walking. It is advisable to take an umbrella or waterproof cloak. We also recommend you to bring soft drinks, water and a snack on the road, as there is only one cafe on the island, where you can go only after the tour.