The price includes:
excursion service In the mountain Park “Ruskeala”,
guide-guide support (+travel information),
transport service (Petrozavodsk-Marble canyon-waterfalls-Petrozavodsk).
– 11.00 group Gathering at the main entrance to the hotel “Severnaya” (Lenin Avenue, 21).
– Guide meets the group .
– Departure to the mountain Park “Ruskeala”, located near the city of Sortavala.
– Distance from Petrozavodsk to Ruskeala-260 km, travel time 3.5-4 hours.
– On the way, the guide will tell you about the history of the Region.
– 14.00 lunch in the cafe on the way.
– 16.00 Arrival to the mountain Park.
– 16.00-17.00 Walking tour of the marble canyon.
The old and abandoned quarry of stone mining, developed for almost three centuries, is now equipped for tourists. You will see a unique creation – a huge bowl carved out by man in an array of marble formation, which stretches from North to South for 456 meters, its width – 109 meters. Stroll along the unusual lake with crystal clear water of emerald hue. It is framed by gentle and steep cliffs of light gray marble, reaching a height of 25 meters above the water mirror. The sides of the canyon are penetrated by surface and underwater tunnels, drifts and mines.
– In winter at 16.00 enabled highlighting. You can see the canyon in several colors that follow each other.
-17.00-18.30 Free time in the mountain Park.
– In your free time you can visit the route “Underground Ruskeala” (800-850 m) for an additional fee. Duration-1 hour.
The route consists of a system of tunnels and a large marble column hall with a lake.
Ruskeala tunnels and mines were created more than a hundred years ago by Finnish craftsmen. In winter and spring – a “Palace of The snow Queen” (with a transparent ice floor and frosty decorations). In winter, the water turns into thick transparent ice due to the special microclimate. Nature creates here a bizarre combination of ice stalagmites and stalactites, transparent draperies.
– 18.30 Departure to Petrozavodsk.
– On the way to visit Ruskeala waterfalls-a place where the shooting of the famous movie ” and dawns here are quiet.”
– 22.30 Return to Petrozavodsk to the hotel “Severnaya”.
In the period from 01.05 till 31.10:
Duration of the tour: 1, 5 hours. Route length: 2.2 km.
What to bring:
comfortable clothes and shoes(!!!),
camera and good mood,
if you do not plan to book lunch, we recommend you to bring a snack.
On the route” Underground lake ” tourists will be given helmets, lights, life jackets, and in the summer – extra warm clothes. In the tunnels, the temperature in winter and summer is kept at +7◦C, and in the large marble hall because of the special effect of the “cold bag” is almost always colder. The minimum age to visit the underground route is 4 years.
When ordering an individual tour – you can choose a convenient time for you to leave the city and a meeting place with our guide and driver.
Visiting the mountain Park “Ruskeala” in Karelia is possible all year round.
Seats on the bus are not booked in advance.
Under the order we can calculate the individual cost of the trip according to your wishes (reduction or increase of services).