00:00-01: 00 – arrival of trains from Moscow to Kem. There are several trains that arrive in the given time interval. The meeting takes place at the arrival of your train. Meeting tourists at the main entrance to the railway station with a sign “Причал” between the station building and the first way. Boarding the bus. Transfer to the Rabocheostrovsk (12 km). Here guests are accommodated in a hotel for one night. The hotel is small, but with all amenities. Here you can eat and relax before a further tour to Solovki.
06:15 – Climb. Renting rooms. Breakfast in the cafe of the tourist complex “Berth”. For Breakfast you should expect porridge, pancakes, pancakes. At sea, it is best to take drinking water with you, as it is not available on the ship.
07: 30 – Boarding the ship. Usually at this time the ship “Vasily Kosyakov” is sent. The ships are not new, but they have everything you need for a two-hour journey across the White sea.
08:00-10: 00 – Crossing the White sea to the Solovetsky Islands (2-2.5 hours). If the weather is great, we recommend to be on the deck of the ship. On Board you can see white whales Beluga whales or sea hares. That’s what local seals are called. Sometimes they come very close to the ship. Approximately 15 minutes after leaving the port, the ship will pass the Islands of the Body. Excursions dedicated to the nature and archeology of the region are organized there. However, not everyone goes on a tour, limited only to the contemplation of these amazing Islands from the deck of the ship.
10:00 – Arrival to Bolshoy Solovetsky island. Meeting at the pier with the accompanying tour to Solovki from Moscow. The attendant will meet you with a sign “Polar Aurora” near the ship or at the exit from the pier. Transfer to the hotel (Solovki Hotel, Solovetskaya Sloboda). In agreement with the travelers check can be also performed in the Solo hotel Nord or at the hotel club Ostrovito Morosco. These hotels are considered the best in Solovki for quality of service. Tourists leave things at the hotel and immediately go on a Sightseeing tour, as the check-in is carried out from 12.00 or 14.00, according to the established rules.
10: 45 – Sightseeing tour of the Solovetsky monastery. The duration of this tour is about two and a half hours. Tourists are introduced to the history and architecture of the monastery, its military glory. In the course of the fortress tell about the skirmishes and small battles, as well as why did it take to build such a huge fortress in such sparsely populated areas. In addition, part of the tour is dedicated to the monastery prison and, of course, the Solovetsky special purpose camp, which was on the Solovki. This is the most informative and main excursion during the tour to Solovki from Moscow. You will not just walk around the fortress wall, you will visit the fortress with excursion and a number of temples, which are not allowed without a tour. It’s a walking tour.
14: 00-Check in at the hotel. Lunch at the hotel by yourself. On the island and other cafes and restaurants. This is the refectory of the monastery, cafe “Cabin Campaign,” restaurant “Izba” cafe “Pinagor”, restaurants in hotel Solo Nord and the hotel Solovetskaya Sloboda and cafe “Old Boat”. You can have lunch and dinner in any of them, and our escort will devote guests to the order of prices, as well as the menu in these institutions.
15: 00-Free time to continue independent acquaintance with Solovki. And our group guides will help you to spend it correctly – they will tell you about the main attractions of the island, about possible additional excursions, will help you to sign up for them, will explain where you can eat and where to go on foot or by bike in your free time. Do not forget about the White nights – this is an exceptional time for contemplation of the White sea, the fortress walls of the Solovetsky monastery!
After the excursion you can have time to visit the following places:
- Usually at 16:00 or 17:00 starts the excursion to Zayatsky island, where the labyrinths and St. Andrew’s Hermitage are located, or to the island of Bolshaya Muksalma, where the famous boulder dam is located. If there are places for these excursions, the accompanying person will gladly offer you to buy tickets and go there with a group at a Museum price. Zayatsky island is famous in terms of archeology and nature. Boat trip to the boulder dam is associated primarily with nature. During the transition to the boat on the Long Bay you can see seals, Beluga whales, starfish, kelp (seaweed), mussels and other animals and vegetation of the White sea. And the dam itself leaves few people indifferent. Zayatsky or Muksalma is the perfect end of the first day on Solovki. If you can not visit these places in a group, you can book an individual tour. It’s much more expensive, but also possible. In addition, the dam on Muksalma can be reached by Bicycle, however, on a very swampy road. To it 9 miles, but you’ll need boots and a full set of person who goes camping. 9 kilometers are overcome by Bicycle in 2 hours. Walk about 3 hours.
- Cape of labyrinths is 1 kilometer from the village, just behind the Solovki Hotel. If you do not want to go to the distant transitions, you can go here to admire the sea shore and these strange stone calculations, left us supposedly ancient people. Although there are many versions. The same labyrinths are located on Zayatsky island, but you need to go there with a group or with an excursion. And at the Cape of labyrinths you can walk in any weather and without any cost.
- Another interesting place is the Negotiation stone. It’s a stone slab with text carved into it. What is the text, we offer to try to decipher yourself. However, those who listened attentively to the Sightseeing tour will immediately understand what it is about. Again, a beautiful seashore, sunsets and a beautiful walk through the Solovetsky forest.
- At the Philippian pustyn you can get water from the Holy spring. This is on the way to the dam on Muksalma, however, to go only 2 kilometers. You can get here by bike.
- For lovers of nature during the tour to Solovki from Moscow for an additional cost we offer a tour to Cape Beluga, where in good weather going white whales with calves. They can be seen from the boat. Interesting spectacle, but only for those who love nature. Beluga whales are wild and still are 50-100 meters from the boat. Pat and swim with them will not succeed.
- Maritime Museum — an excellent exhibition dedicated to navigation on the White sea. Located directly in the village, so you can go there and on the second day of your stay on the island. Admission is free. But the tour costs about 150-300 rubles, but without it you can see the most important exhibits.
- Just walk through the woods, talk to nature and feel alone with the Solovki — also a great holiday option. Stunning seascapes begin just outside the village. Sea, forest, lakes, untouched nature-what could be better?
- The doors of churches on Solovki are always open to believers. You can go to the evening service in the monastery to pray with the Solovetsky brethren in one of the temples.