The Solovetsky Islands are a real storehouse of spiritual and cultural wealth of the Russian North. The famous Solovetsky Monastery, founded in the 15th century, still amazes with its power and preserves the traditions of faith, culture and history of Pomerania. Surrounded by the White Sea on all sides, the monastery in past centuries served as the northern fortress that protected the country’s borders. Today, tourists within the framework of this five-day tour will be able to get acquainted with its history and see, along with the monastery buildings on remote islands, the traces of ancient northern settlements – labyrinths on the Big Zayatsky Island. All tours to Solovki passed certification of the quality of the services provided.
– for tourists from Murmansk and St. Petersburg – 27 150 rubles. Surcharge for 1 local accommodation 6 000 rubles. Discount for children under 9 years old – 1,500 rubles.
– for tourists from Moscow – 27 900 rubles. Surcharge for single occupancy – 7 000 rubles. Discount for children under 9 years old – 1,500 rubles.
TOUR COST INCLUDES:
Accommodation, tickets for the boat, all excursions and meals (6 breakfasts, 1 lunch), according to the program, transport services and group transfers, escort by group guide. SCAD system
TOUR COST DOES NOT INCLUDE:
Railway or Airline tickets, remaining meals, additional excursions
NOTES: The order and time of excursions can be changed by the host as a result of weather conditions or local events, without changing the contents of the excursion program. The approximate cost of set dinners is 500 rubles.
19:43 – Arrival of tourists in Kem by train number 92 Moscow – Murmansk. Meeting of tourists at the main entrance to the train station from the platform with the sign “Berth”. Transfer to the port of Rabocheostrovsk. Accommodation in the tourist complex “Berth”.
00:43 – Arrival of tourists in Kem by train number 16 Moscow – Murmansk. Meeting of tourists at the main entrance to the train station from the platform with the sign “Berth”. Transfer to the port of Rabocheostrovsk. Accommodation in the tourist complex “Berth”.
06:35 – Arrival of tourists in Kem by train number 15 “Arctic” Murmansk – Moscow. Meeting at the main entrance to the train station from the platform with the sign “Berth”. Transfer to the port of Rabocheostrovsk.
07:00 – Breakfast in the cafe of the tourist complex.
07:30 – Boarding the ship.
08:00 – Crossing the White Sea (2.5 hours) to the Solovetsky Islands.
10:30 – Arrival on the Big Solovetsky Island. Meeting at the Tamarin pier with the sign “SEVERTUR”. Transfer to the Solo Nord hotel in the center of the village, opposite the monastery. Accommodation in rooms with private facilities.
11:00 – Sightseeing tour of the Solovetsky Kremlin (2.5 hours) – the tour introduces visitors to the history of the Solovetsky Monastery. Tourists visit the territory of the central complex of the monastery, existing temples, monuments included in the UNESCO World Heritage List, objects of economic activity of the monastery.
10:43 – Arrival of tourists in the city of Kem by train number 22 S. Petersburg – Murmansk. Meeting of tourists at the main entrance to the train station from the platform with the sign “Berth”. Transfer to the port of Rabocheostrovsk (tourists arriving by this train depart to Solovki by shuttle at 12:30 pm after brunch. A sightseeing tour of the Solovetsky Monastery is carried out for them at 16:00).
Independent visit to the Maritime Museum. The Petrine era of shipbuilding is preceded by several centuries of spiritual and economic development of the northern seas – these are the ancient traditions of marine shipbuilding dedicated to the museum of the Arkhangelsk Northern Shipping Company. The museum is housed in an old rowing boat shed built in the 19th century. In the museum halls, ancient maps, navigational instruments, fishing tools, things of pomors, mock-ups and genuine details of ancient sea vessels are presented.
In the evening, at will, an independent walk along the picturesque shore of the White Sea, where you can see the “dancing” Solovetsky birches and “labyrinths” – a reconstructed cultural monument of prehistoric civilizations.
08:00 – Breakfast in the cafe.
09:00 – For an additional fee, excursions are offered to choose from (recording and payment are made on the day of arrival at the meeting guide):
– A boat trip in a small circle of the lake-channel system on boats “Lakes and Canals of Solovki” (5 hours). During the tour, visitors will learn about the hydrotechnical monuments and structures of the Big Solovetsky Island, will go on boats through man-made canals connecting 5-6 lakes. The distance traveled by visitors through the lake-channel system is 5 -6 km. Note: the distance from the tour desk to the boat station (2.8 km) and back visitors walk. At the boat station, tourists sit in Pella boats with a capacity of 4-5 people. The boat is independent. The tour is conducted under favorable weather conditions and in the absence of a storm warning. The cost of the tour is 600 rubles per person.
– Excursion “Boat trip to the island of Big Muksalma” (5 hours). Boat trip on the picturesque Gulf of Long Bay to the island of Big Muksalma. Visitors will see a grandiose hydraulic structure – a man-made boulder dam with a length of 1.5 km, connecting the islands of Bolshoi Solovetsky and Bolshaya Muksalma, amazing landscapes, and also get acquainted with the history of the Sergius Skete of the Solovetsky Monastery. Note: the distance from the tour desk to the pier in the Long Bay (5 km) and back visitors walk. The tour is conducted under favorable weather conditions and the absence of a storm warning. The cost of the tour is 1,100 rubles.
08:00 – Breakfast in the cafe.
09:00 – Bus – walking tour “Sekirnaya Mountain. Holy Ascension Monastery ”(4 hours). Sightseers will visit one of the highest points of the Big Solovetsky Island – Mount Sekirnaya, from the top of which an unforgettable view of the northern part of the Big Solovetsky Island and the White Sea opens. They will get acquainted with the history and monuments of the current Holy Ascension Skete, where during the times of the Solovetsky camp there was a punishment cell – the place of detention and punishment of prisoners. They will see a unique lighthouse church. The monastery is valid, excursionists must comply with the requirements of the charter of the monastery and be properly dressed. Continuation of the excursion “Botanical Garden – Makaryevskaya Deserts”. Tourists will visit one of the northernmost botanical gardens of Russia, which is located on the territory of the former Makaryevsky desert, see monuments, unique plantings of different periods of the history of the Solovetsky Islands, enjoy an amazing view of the ensemble of the Solovetsky Monastery, which opens from the Alexander Hill.
13:00 – Return to the village by bus.
13:15 – Lunch at the cafe.
15:00 – Excursion “Sights of the Big Zayatsky island” (3 hours). Boat trip to the Big Zayatsky island. Tourists will visit the largest pagan sanctuary of the II-I millennia BC, see stone labyrinths, a complex of religious and funerary structures, the first stone harbor in Russia, and the monuments of St. Andrew’s Skete. Note: Travel time from the Bolshoi Solovetsky Island to the Bolshoi Zayatsky Island by sea is 45 minutes. The tour is conducted under favorable weather conditions and in the absence of a storm warning.
18:00 – Free time. On request – an independent walk to the Philippi cages – a unique hydraulic structure for fishing, erected in the XVI century under the Solovetsky abbot Philippe. Nearby is the site of the settlement of the Monks Zosima and Savvaty, the Holy Spring.
08:00 – Breakfast in the cafe.
09:00 – For an additional fee is offered (recording and payment is made on the day of arrival at the meeting guide):
– Sea excursion “To the strict hermitages of Anzer Island” (12-14 hours). Anzer Island is the second largest island of the Solovetsky Archipelago, where in the XVII – XVIII centuries. strict prayer monasteries were organized – Holy Trinity and Golgotho-Crucifix. Excursionists will see the diverse natural landscapes of the island, visit the existing skiers, learn the history of the monastery, camp and modern periods of the island of Anzer. Note: During the tour, sea transport is used. Visitors walk on foot from the tour desk to the pier in Dolgaya Guba (5 km) and back. Travel time from the pier in the Long Bay to about. Anzer – 2 -2.5 hours. The length of the walking tour on the island of Anser is 12 km. Service points and food points on about. Anzer is absent, all the necessary things (film, food, etc.) must be taken with you. Excursion is possible in the absence of a storm warning. During the tour, the current Golgotha-Raspyatsky monastery is visited, which has a strict charter. Tourists are required to comply with the requirements of the charter and to be properly dressed. The cost of the tour is 1,800 rubles per person.
09:00 – Breakfast in the cafe. Release of rooms (things in the left-luggage office).
10:00 – Free time. Visiting souvenir shops or exhibitions of the Solovetsky Museum-Reserve (for an additional fee). Optionally – visit a specialized store of the Arkhangelsk algae plant.
18:30 – Transfer to Tamarin pier. Boarding (tourists descending by train number 21 Murmansk – St. Petersburg at 20:35 leave by boat at 16:00).
19:00 – Sea passage to the settlement of Rabocheostrovsk.
21:00 – Arrival at the port. Transfer to Kem to the railway station. Departure by night trains No. 225 at 01:50 or No. 293 at 03:20. In case of departure by morning trains, accommodation at the Prichal or Kuzova tourist complexes is offered for an additional fee.