The duration of an private guided tour is for 1 hour.
Meeting with the guide and starting the tour at the entrance of the museum.
The address of the museum: Universitetskaya embankment, 3
from 01.00 to 31.05: 11 am – 6 pm
from 01.06 to 31.08: 11 am – 7 pm
Day off: Monday, last Tuesday of the month
Kuntskamera is the oldest museum in Russia. This museum was established by Emperor Peter I, and it was the first one in our country. Peter the Great considered as a very important thing to collect rarities and exhibit them for educational purposes. First, he brought exhibits himself from travels around the world, and then the common people were asked to bring all old and unusual things to the museum from all over the country. Today, Kuntskamera is called the Museum of Anthropology and Ethnography named after Peter the Great
During the tour you can:
- have a look at the extensive, unique collection of antiques that will acquaint you with the history of many peoples inhabiting Russia;
- see the famous collection of anatomical curiosities and anomalies (“freaks”) collected by Peter the Great;
- see Grand Academic Gottorp globe-planetarium which was the first such a thing in the world, once was the greatest one.
If you do not want to get to Kuntskamera yourself, you can always order the car for a trip to the museum.
The tour price includes
- Entrance tickets to Kuntskamera (without waiting in line)
- A Russian (English) – speaking guide during the whole time of our tour
We providing private guided tours to Kunstkamera in English, German and other languages.