The price includes:
a guided tour (travel information),
entrance fees to museums,
transport service according to the program.
– 08.00 (or 08.30) group Gathering at the entrance to the hotel “North” (Lenin Ave., 21).
– Guide meets the group
Departure for a guided tour.
– On the way, our guide will introduce you to the history of the Karelian region, local traditions and rituals.
– 09.30 Visit to the geological monument of nature-the ancient volcano Girvas.
It is hard to imagine that 2.5 billion years ago lava flows erupted here on the surface of the earth, and volcanic bombs with a diameter of more than 1 meter were thrown into the sky. About these events now can testify only bizarre heaps of stones, frozen lava tongues and the mouth of the paleovolcano.
You will also see the current Girvasskoe HPP, built on a rock of volcanic origin. Thanks to the hydroelectric dam, which drained the bed of the river Suna, and was discovered the volcano Girvas in the 60 years of the twentieth century.
– Transfer to the nature reserve “Kivach”.
In the reserve you will see the waterfall Kivach, formed by the fall of the river Suna.
Water falls from four steps. The total height of the fall from the upper mirror of the river to the lower one is 10.7 m —
Also included is a tour of the arboretum of the reserve with a unique famous tree – Karelian birch.
– Transfer to the first Russian resort “Martsialnye Vody”, founded by Peter I.
– 13.30 extra charge: lunch in a cafe “Tavern “Petrovskaya” – 400 RUB/person lunch Menu: fish soup, Salad, chicken-rice, tea, pastries.
– Tasting of water with high iron content from three healing springs and excursion to the Church of St. Peter.**
– Departure back to Petrozavodsk.
– 17.00 completion of the program at the railway station of Petrozavodsk.
* Under favorable weather conditions, it is possible to climb mount Sampo. The decision to visit takes a guide. During the new year holidays Sampo mountain is not visited.
** Entrance inside the Church of St. Peter only if the Museum is open. The Museum has a weekend and a certain mode of operation.